Summary of Requirements:
- Eight (8) one-semester graduate (400-799) courses approved by the advisor must be satisfactorily completed. These courses cannot include Independent Study, Dissertation Research, or Special Studies.
- Further depth of understanding must be demonstrated by satisfactorily completing two (2) additional one-semester courses approved by the advisor, or by writing an MSE dissertation acceptable to a member of the ECE faculty or by a special project acceptable to a member of the ECE faculty.
- A course (including Independent Study) is satisfactorily completed if a grade of A, B, C, or P is obtained. No more than one C grade can be counted toward the requirements and a D or F or second C grade results in probation. A second D or F or a third C grade results in termination from the program.
- At least six (6) one-semester courses in the MSE program must be ECE-Department day-school courses that are not Independent Study, and no more than two (2) one-semester courses can be from outside the Hopkins' full-time programs.
- Every graduate course designated Independent Study, Dissertation Research, or Special Studies counted toward the MSE degree must include a written report. A copy of the report will become a part of the student's permanent file.
- 520.414 Image Processing and Analysis I
- 520.435 Digital Signal Processing
- 520.651 Random Signal Analysis
- 550.437 Statistics, Information and Vision
- 520.415 Image Processing and Analysis II
- 520.432 Medical Imaging Systems
- 520.644 Pattern Theory
- 520.652 Filtering and Smoothing
- 520.447 Introduction to Information Theory and Coding
- 520.643 Digital Multimedia Coding and Processing
- 580.473 Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- 600.461 Computer Vision